Grand Appliance and TV
N/A Appliances (Retail Dealership)
Grand was founded in 1930 under the name Service Electric. We sold appliances back then, but our main business was electrical supplies and light fixtures. After World War II, the Baby Boom created such a demand for appliances that we dropped electrical supplies and fixtures entirely to focus on home appliances. In 1966, then owner, Fred Reckling, moved the store to a bigger, more visible location on Grand Avenue in Waukegan, IL. He also changed the name to Grand Appliance to signify the move and change in company focus.
The store in Waukegan remained Grand’s sole location until 1992 when current owner, Mark Reckling, convinced his father, Fred, to open a 2nd location in Kenosha, WI. The new venture was a success and more locations would follow. In addition to new stores, we’ve grown our selection over the years adding a full array of electronics, mattresses, grills and vacuums. We are pleased to now be able to truly provide a solution for every room in the home.